Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thank goodness for the library

Let's start with this page, please.
"You are so funny to me brother bear"
Yesterday, we had a snow day (there were about 4 flurries, but whatever), so we headed to the library. It was a lot of fun. We got a book on tape and came home to listen to it. I put the CD in and sat both kids in the chair, and they stayed there! It was so impressive. Luckily the CD plays continuously so I let them listen to it about ten times in a row. I should have thought of this sooner. I am really glad both my kids enjoy books and that going to the library is a such a fun outing. I am sure that if my mother had told me that when I was 15,
I would never ever have believed her
On the way home Harrison said, "sissy, you did not get any books-too bad too sad." And then I heard him say, "you better not rip any of my new books.
Do you understand me sissy? If so, say yes ma'am!"

Aaaaarrrr, Matey
I had to add this picture. After we got home from the library, I needed to fix lunch. Harrison is in charge of Lillian while I prep meals. I asked them to play in the other room. Harrison came back in the kitchen after a few minutes and told me, "mommy, I put away all the fragile things so sissy can't get them." I thanked him and got back to the PB and J's. I was walking downstairs during nap and saw this on the buffet. Cracked me up. He put the salt and pepper shakers, my sterling bowl and his Hot Wheel up out of reach. Guess Hot Wheels are pretty "fragile."

No comments:

Post a Comment