Wednesday, March 10, 2010

How it all began

WOW! I cannot believe I actually have a picture from this night, and that I have kept up with it all this time. I think I developed this role of film before I even knew Joe's last name. This was us at the Temple Bar in Dublin, Ireland. My friends and I were there for the Guinness Festival. I knew Joe for all of maybe 30 minutes when this was taken. Even funnier that the guy in the middle (Jason) was a groomsman in our wedding.
Joe and I on our first date in China Town (London). Don't make fun. I was living out of a backpack, and at the time a dress and a travel purse were my best date options (yikes!). I clearly needed a haircut and some tweezers. But, even then after only a few weeks, I was absolutely smitten with this boy.
Here we are ten years later. Life is good!

These pictures were enough to make me learn how to use my new scanner. I stumbled across them the other day and they cracked me up. Joe and I met while we were both studying abroad in 1999. I was 20 and Joe was 23. I first met him at the Dublin airport when he let me use his pop up map to find our hotel. I thought he was a nice American boy, but he was wearing Teva sandals (chick repellers as I called them), and I was an independent woman not looking for love. The joke was on me. Long story short, we fell in love and here we are. I am so glad I have these pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment