Thursday, March 11, 2010

Make new friends, but keep the old

I was so surprised when I got a sweet note in the mail yesterday from Marlo. She knows how much I love my morning coffee and was so thoughtful to send me a nice note and gift
Kate and Marlo 36 weeks pregnant with the girls. Due the same day!
Carsyn and Lillian met for the first time when we went to Charlotte for the weekend
We are ready to go shopping!
I caught the bouquet at Marlo's wedding (2000)
Sorry Marlo, here we are when we were 16. Oh my gosh, was I really wearing a denim halter dress? I remember this like it was yesterday. We ate lunch and then went to Galveston for the night
Us at my wedding (2002)

My oldest friend Marlo sent me the nicest note yesterday. I have a shoe box full of all the letters and cards she has sent me over the years. I must have at least 100. In college she used to write me all the time. We grew up together in Clear Lake City, Tx. She moved to Charlotte, NC about 4 years ago. Even though she finally lives within driving distance, we do not see each other as much as I would like.
We were inseparable in high school. I would have to pay her lots of hush money if I ever decided to go into politics. We used to go months without talking and could always pick right back up where we left off. Now, we talk about 7 times a day.
Our daughters were born about 10 minutes apart. We were both due on April 11th, then the 9th, then I was moved to the 5th and she was moved to the 7th. Well, the babies both came on April 2nd. It is such a blessing to have a friend to discuss sleeping patters with, share food ideas and great clothing finds, teething, and lots (lots) more.
I love you, Shmar. Your family is my family and vice versa. You feel like home to me and I am so grateful for you and all our talks. I wish you were here to enjoy my Starbucks with. Instead, I got my iced coffee and we chatted on the phone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment