Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sometimes, we just need our mom

Poor Lillian. She is not feeling so hot. I put her down for her afternoon nap and she just woke up hysterical. I went in to get her and all wanted was to be held and rocked. As soon as I put her blanket around her, and sat in the chair she wrapped her chubby little arms around me and laid her head down and went to sleep. It was the most wonderful feeling to know that all she needed was me. It was nice to ignore the dishes and laundry, and to sit in the dark room admiring her breathtaking beauty and utter sweetness. I feel terrible that she feels badly, but it was nice to be reminded how much babies need their mommies. I love that little munchkin!

1 comment:

  1. Oh those are the greatest moments ever! I hate it when Addi is sick, but I do love, love, love it when I'm the only thing that can make it better!

    ReplyDelete