We started getting snow Friday night and when we woke up Saturday morning we had about 5 inches. Harrison could not get outside fast enough. We have the best hill in the neighborhood (semi makes up for our awful driveway), so all the kids were in our yard most of the day. Harrison would pull the sled up the hill, ride it down by himself, and repeat about 100 times. We then went to sled down Canterbury with Marci and Darrell and on the way home stopped to play with the Graves family. As you can see Harrison was exhausted! Lillian enjoyed being outside too. She was covered in frozen snot , but did not seem to mind one bit. It was a really great weekend. We just enjoyed each others company and played non-stop. No laundry, or cooking (our fridge died), no bed making-just awesome family time. It is a wonderful feeling to just delight in the simple things and to take a break from the normal day to day routine. I hope it snows again soon!
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Winter Wonderland
We started getting snow Friday night and when we woke up Saturday morning we had about 5 inches. Harrison could not get outside fast enough. We have the best hill in the neighborhood (semi makes up for our awful driveway), so all the kids were in our yard most of the day. Harrison would pull the sled up the hill, ride it down by himself, and repeat about 100 times. We then went to sled down Canterbury with Marci and Darrell and on the way home stopped to play with the Graves family. As you can see Harrison was exhausted! Lillian enjoyed being outside too. She was covered in frozen snot , but did not seem to mind one bit. It was a really great weekend. We just enjoyed each others company and played non-stop. No laundry, or cooking (our fridge died), no bed making-just awesome family time. It is a wonderful feeling to just delight in the simple things and to take a break from the normal day to day routine. I hope it snows again soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LOVING.IT. Truly I am just loving your darling little blog! I'm so glad you sent it to me! I can't wait to sit down tomorrow to read more. I got your party email this afternoon while I was with Addi at the dr. I'm excited to look closer tomorrow over coffee:) Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete