Monday, February 15, 2010

It's "chili" outside

Today is a cold, yucky, rainy day. I have made this chili before and it is super easy and really tasty. Who does not love to have dinner made before noon! I serve it over rice with cornbread and fixin's.

It's Chili by George!

Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice (I used a jar of whole tomatoes instead)
  • 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1/4 cup chili powder
  • I also add corn

Directions

  1. Place ground beef (and garlic) in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and crumble.
  2. In a large Crockpot over low heat combine the ground beef, tomato juice, tomato sauce, kidney beans, pinto beans, onions, bell pepper, cayenne pepper, sugar, oregano, ground black pepper, salt, corn, cumin and chili powder. Cook for 8 to 10 hours
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Its-Chili-by-George/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment