


I flew, along with my parents, to Dallas for my sister's 26th birthday. Once I landed, Emily and I could not get to Pappacitos fast enough. Growing up we always went there in Houston. It always makes me feel like I am at home, and I pray that one day they will open one in Raleigh. We had sangria and fajitas and enjoyed just being together.
On Friday night we went for birthday dinner to a Dallas favorite, Pappas Steakhouse:
http://www.pappasbros.com/home/
Seriously one of the best meals I have EVER had. Such a nice time. I even saw a lady there with leopard print cowboy boots. I have really missed Texas. The people are some of the friendliest folks around and the food is out of this world.
Today we went to Bolsa:
http://www.http://www.bolsadallas.com/main_2.html/
Again, fabulous. We ordered lots of fun creative cocktails and the food made you make those funny moaning food noises.
We then went to Pinkberry (aka:CRACK). I had read about it in Us Weekly and was so excited to check it out:
http://www.pinkberry.com/
Tonight is Emily's birthday party and of course we are having a good ol' barbeque Texas style. If you can't tell, Texas is all about good food and good times.
I miss the kids and Joe, but it is kind of fun to back with the Reightler 4. We have laughed until we cried about slide nights, drug my dad to DSW, talked to crazy strangers, and as always everyone thinks me and Em are twins.

Oh Pappacitos sounds so delicious right now!!! That's one of our favorites! My absolute favorite meal in Dallas is from DelFrisco! Yum-O! Dallas is so much fun!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are having fun...and it makes me laugh you are blogging from Texas! =)
ReplyDeleteP.S. Totally jealous of the good ole' TX food you are getting. Did you get kolaches?!?! YUM