Yesterday about did me in. I really need someone who has survived having two young children close in age to tell me when the insanity is going to ease up a bit! I had things under control for a few months, but then Lillian turned into the little tornado and we dove into potty training. Some days are just bonkers around here. There is one me and two of them and a very big shedding, drooling, licking, pacing dog.School was canceled due to the weather, and the snow was melting so noone was really playing outside. We built forts, which got me from 8am-9:43 am, had snacks, watched a show, and then things took a turn for the worse. Harrison had to potty. During the time I help him out Lillian does one of two things. She either A. crawls in the bathroom with us and tries to crawl under my legs and all over the germy toilet area while I am "assisting" or B. leaves my sight very quietly and either destroys books, climbs the bonus room stairs, eats toilet paper in the other bathroom, pulls out all her diapers in her stacker, dumps Winston's water over, army crawls under crib to turn off the monitor, or knocks over floor lamps. Good times.
I tried to shower while she was napping, which of course she woke up two seconds after I got out of the shower. Putting make up on with her around is impossible. She will sit with me if I allow her to pull out every last thing under my sink. I tried to keep from having one more mess so I put her in the sink and stoof behind her while I put on mascara. Of course, she turned on the faucet and soaked herself. I should note, that I had just gotten her dressed when she woke up which could be a new Olympic sport. She squeals and thrashes and absolutely hates getting dressed or changed now. When I am done dressing her I almost always have a sweat mustache.
It was time to get out of the house! Good thing I have4 wheel drive. We ventured to Panera. It went pretty well I thought. Lillian flirted with a short bald man; her new thing is to stare you down and when you look she tilts her head to the side, flashes her adorable dimples and plays bashful. Only two old people gave me the normal, "wow, you must be busy"comment. I feel sorry for people with multiples because they must hear that all the time! Then we went to the grocery store and home with Harrison whaling about how he got a red balloon but wanted "aqua (where did he learn about aqua?)." Lots more frantic details from 3:40pm-6:30pm but you get the picture.
Today is much better. I am sure one day I will look back on these times and laugh. Thank goodness for wine!



Wow, cannot imagine 2...just 1 is keeping me hoppin' ! You have inspired me (and made me wish i could drink wine)!!!
ReplyDeleteI say we send the dogs to work with Joe and Lance from now on. Those slobbery, annoying lumps of fur can chill by their feet and get out of our way! How funny would that be to see them riding their bikes pulling those big dogs???
ReplyDelete