Saturday, April 17, 2010

Maple View Farm



Panoramic view of Maple View Farms
The pastures are divided by first time moms and "veteran" moms...either way must be nice to lounge in a field for nine months while pregnant!

Harrison with Herman the goat
Lucy the calf
Harrison "petting" Guapo the Llama
Holding a freshly hatched egg
Poor Lills, the goat sneezed on her face. EEEEEEWWWWW!
Here comes the tractor
The milking line. Poor girls. I SO feel your pain!
Harrison checking out the baby chicks in one of the learning rooms
Lillian with her first cup of ice cream. She liked it much more than her birthday cake

Looking at the butter, milk and ice cream
Lillian could hardly wait for her fresh milk
We went to Mama Dip's for lunch. Barack Obama and Paula Deen have been there this month. Good Ol' Southern Food. Sweet tea, chicken, mashed potatoes, string beans, cornbread, mac and cheese, apples, need I go on? Had I not just had ice cream, I would totally have gotten my banana pudding on
The kids got to meet Mama Dip herself. If you can't tell by the open mouth silent cry, Lillian was not a fan!
mmmm. I heart peppermint ice cream. Joe is on a training ride with his cycling team, and Harrison is spending the night with Marci and Darrell. I am in bed about to enjoy a few bites of party peppermint. Thanks Cows...moo

My kids and I, along with Marci and Darrell (bless them), went to explore the Maple View Farm today. It was a really fun outing. Animals, tractors, dirt, poop, a playground, and ice cream! I am still laughing about the goat sneezing on Lillian. We will have to keep this in our field trip rotation!

No comments:

Post a Comment