
Woke up at 8am, watched Paula Deen, went to Target by myself and then had a pedicure before Marlo arrived from Charlotte

We discovered a really good Mexican spot to start the girl time off right. If I had a dollar for every time since I was 15 that Marlo and I have eaten Mexican food together, I would be a rich lady

Check out the uber cool Proximity hotel-it was so cool. It is a Green/Eco Friendly hotel. If you look closely you can see the solar panels on the roof


I loved the lobby. Marble floors, floating orchids, planted grass, clean and fresh.

And then the bistro... I almost hyperventilated. The decor is breathtaking. Very French Provincial. I would really like to have the decorator come visit my house

I covet this fabric and the fantastic hanging boxwood balls. Back in college, my friend Anna Freeman used to host these fun craft nights. We are going to arrange a boxwood ball making session asap. No idea where they would go in my house, but we can figure that out later


We sat for hours out on the terrace listening to the French music, chatting and admiring all the ginormous Hydrangeas



Thinking I may need to paint a door at my house this color. Maybe the back doors? I loved the green


This is what breakfast should look like! I didn't want to eat my food it was so pretty. Good thing I did, because it was exceptionally tasty

I had the egg's benedict,

and the HOT CHOCOLATE! How cute is this!!!!! You make your own by mixing the chocolate and cream (pretty sure I will need to starve myself this week, but it was more than worth it). It was very Giada


When I got home and settled, I went to get a drink. My sweet hubby had a water cup already made for me. I am weird, and really like my water cold. I have a cup in the fridge all the time and he had it nice and chilled for me. That Joe Parke is such a thoughtful guy

He already had me with the water cup, but then I saw the purple flowers (my fave color), yummy taffy which I love and a sappy card. Such a great welcome home!
My girlfriend Marlo and I grew up together in Clear Lake City, Texas. We have been best friends since I was a freshman in high school. She now lives in Charlotte and her daughter Carsyn was born a few minutes after Lillian. We decided to celebrate our girls' turning one, and we met in Greensboro. It was just over an hour drive for both of us. I had never been to Greensboro, and it was a really charming city. We ate great food, listened to fun music, talked for hours, read gossip magazines, ate candy in bed, wrote thank you notes, shopped, and just enjoyed each others company. If you need a quick getaway, I highly recommend Greensboro and this awesome hotel!
what a fun getaway!!! i'm super jealous!
ReplyDelete