Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy 8th Anniversary

Isn't it always the case that Love is the essence? Apart from Love, everything passes away.

The way to heaven is in your heart. Open and lift the wings of Love! When Love's wings are strong, you need no ladder.

Though the world be thorns, a Lover's heart is a bower of roses. Though heaven's wheel be mired down, Lover's lives go forward.

The time-span of union is eternity.
The life is a jar, and in it, union is the pure wine.
If we aren't together, of what use is the jar?

The moment I heard my first love story I began seeking you, not realizing the search was useless.
Lovers don't meet somewhere along the way.
They're in one another's souls from the beginning.

You are the sea, I am a fish...

I am a crystal goblet in my Love's hand.
Look into my eyes if you ever don't believe me.

Jalal Al-Din Rumi
Persian Love Poem

Joe and I got married eight years ago today in Annapolis, Maryland. Our dear friend, Dr. Betty Webb is the director of field education at Meredith College. She was with me in Europe when Joe and I met, and witnessed the magical love story that developed into our marriage and life. She read this poem at our wedding. Every time I read it, it makes more sense to me.
I love you, Joe. Plain and simple. You were made for me...Happy Anniversary. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!!! My how far we've come. Meet you at the Temple Bar in Dublin for #10!? Stuck in the middle with you....!! I love you, Katherine.

    ReplyDelete