Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!



Bissell's Hoppin' John and Collards

We had an awesome New Year's this year. New Year's Eve we took the kids to church and fed several homeless families with our Sunday school class. The kids had a great time playing in the gym. When we got home we let the kids blow horns in the street and we were all asleep before midnight (oops).
New Years day we went for our annual dinner at the Graves house. Bissell and Kelly are from Charleston and boy can they cook a good Southern meal. Bissell makes Hoppin' John, collards and smokes a pork loin. They have several families over and everyone brings a dish. I made Pioneer Woman's peanut butter pie and bacon wrapped crackers. We love to be at their house. it feels like home. There are a million kids and lots of laughter. Savannah was home from college and I am so glad I got to catch up with her. It is a tradition we look forward to all year long, and there is no one we would rather ring in the new year with!

No comments:

Post a Comment