Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blessing

Harrison has been saying the blessing before we eat dinner for over a year now. We say blessing just about every night, and lately we have been telling Lillian to fold her hands and close her eyes. She totally cannot close her eyes, so she squishes her nose all up and holds her hands in fists because that is as close as she can get to folding them. It is cute and then we all move on. Well, I made a big dinner tonight to welcome Joe home from Texas and it was utter chaos by the time we sat down to eat. We started to eat our salad and chat about the day, when I heard Lillian squawking over and over. I looked up and she had her hands fisted and her eyes squinted and she was waiting for us to say blessing. So Harrison said blessing and then we started dinner. Joe and I looked at each other and just could not get over how sweet it was that she noticed we had missed it. So appropriate that our little blessing would remind us to pause and reflect on how blessed we are. Thanks Lills.

No comments:

Post a Comment