Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving in Greenwich

I had to start with this pic, since this is what we did most of the time...stand around and cook, eat, drink, laugh and talk. I am so lucky to have married into a big fun family!
Love me some Gigi.
Lee, Lyn and Tom
The first night in town we all went out to eat. The kids were the in house entertainment.
I could watch these four play all day long. For living so far apart, they have such a strong bond.

The Round Hill House
Lillian feeding "Miwels"
Lyn had the dining room all set up for dinner. The cabbage centerpieces were something I am going to need to re-create.
Have no fear, the princess attire followed us all the way to Connecticut thanks to my Aunt Mary
This is Steve's kitchen. Please notice the see through cabinets, as in you can see the OUTSIDE through the glass in the cabinets. Fabulous
Joe and Nate chill-axing
The spread
No wonder my jeans are still a little tight.
the cast of characters; pecan, pumpkin, and apple
Friday night we all went into the city for some adult fun. One of our stops was the 9/11 Memorial. It was very moving and just still so profoundly sad. If you ever go to New York, I recommend going to pay tribute.



We packed up and went to Greenwich for Thanksgiving with Joe's whole family. On the way up we stopped and stayed the night in Annapolis which was a great way to break up the long drive. We had lots of good food, girls get pedi's, and Joe and I went into the city ALONE to see Wicked and eat at Serendipity. I had a wonderful birthday and really enjoyed catching up with everyone. On the way home it took us 14 hours to get home (supposed to take 8), but the trip was more than worth it. Can't wait for next year!

1 comment: