Thursday, December 15, 2011

Big Girl Bed

Lillian all ready for her new big girl bed. I was not lying when I said she is obsessed with her ruffle jean skirt from Katie
It is up!
Giddy
She sure looks like she is ready for some shut eye. Don't let this picture fool you.
This is from nap today. After an hour she finally gave in. I was doing dishes downstairs and it sounded like elephants were in her room. She was being very mischievous. Little stinker.

Where to begin? I ordered Lillian's bed in October. 3 weeks later it came and was the wrong color. Finally, last night it came at 7pm. I rushed out to get a mattress and Joe started taking down the crib. I was hesitant to prep before it came because they had already messed up one. Joe does not have the right tool, the kids are running around like crazy people, I am trying to wash the new sheets, total MESS. We finally finished up at 9 and Lillian wanted no part of the new bed. She kept saying she was "scared" and I was so ready to crash at 11pm that I was out of patience. Not a fun start to this bed. Lillian woke up at 4am and wanted me to lay with her, then we were up for good at 6am. Nap time today was a nightmare. She got out of her room 54 and a half times. Usually it is a piece of cake. Could someone tell me why I decided to do this during the week before Christmas when we have company coming tomorrow? And the bed is supposed to be white, and it kinda cream. Oh, and when I made it today I broke a SWEAT. I have never had a daybed, they are not easy to make at all. I need to get a few more pillows and the bedskirt and we should be off and running. Now I need to figure out where in the world I am going to put her books, toys and dress ups. The room is so tiny. Grrrrr. With all that said, it is still very bittersweet to no longer have a crib in our house. We have had that crib up and being used for the last 5 and a half years. The baby phase has come and gone. So many sweet memories. I had Joe tuck it away in the attic for our future grandchildren. Time flies!


No comments:

Post a Comment