Monday, December 12, 2011

Gazing


Am I the only one that loves to drive around at night and look at Christmas lights? It is one of my most very favorite things to do. I love to see families eating together, and people's paint colors and decor. I like seeing how people choose to decorate their houses for the holidays and just the "life" going on. Maybe I just don't feel so weird about driving by a little slower this time of year since I can "pretend" the kids are checking out the outdoor lights.
I can remember growing up in Houston we would drive downtown to River Oaks and drive around and around looking at all the humongous fancy houses all glammed up. When my parents lived in Alexandria I took and entire roll of film on incredible random Christmas touches around the city. People had amaryllis and paperwhites in beautiful vases and fresh homemade wreaths with rich ribbon and I just was in awe of it all. This is a crappy phone pic, but tonight when I drove by our house I could see all the happiness and energy zooming by the windows. I am feeling very blessed this holiday season...

No comments:

Post a Comment