Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Out with the old and in with the new



“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”-Robert Brault

I am taking a hiatus from being clean and organized. I just wanted to put it out there. It is bigger than I am. Now that Lillian goobers every window pane, grabs the blinds, knocks over floor lamps, teethes on the stove drawer, and eats any piece of toilet paper she can find, I just have to admit defeat. Hopefully one day I will return to normal. For now I will just admire the other people that are able to be on top of it all. Bless them. As my mother would say, "but, you have a really happy home and that is what matters."
For those of you non-believers I thought I would include photographic evidence. My china buffet has been cleared out and now houses a remote control monster truck. My closet is a serious health hazard; I grab what I need and close the door as fast as possible. I used to have fresh flowers next to my bed so I could smell them while I slept. Now next to my bed is a homemade tow truck that Harrison and I made to entertain Lillian. I used to fold laundry as soon as I pulled it out of the dryer, and well...

1 comment:

  1. this cracks me up! I think we have the same nightstands!! PB about 4 years ago? we are too much alike:)

    ReplyDelete