Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hello my name is Kate...

Lilly Pulitzer "Lily Party"
Hop on over for some fun!
It looks like the bunnies are hiding in the rabbit hole, cute!

Hello my name is Kate, and I have a birthday party planning addiction!
I just cannot help myself. Etsy keeps me up at night. So many ideas and things to create. Harrison will not be having a party this year. He has had three big parties in a row, and I just do not want to overindulge. We will go to Moe's and call it a day (filled with lots of love and celebrating as a family).

I had been thinking we would just invite friends over for cupcakes for Lillian's second birthday, until I discovered a super cute (secret) idea and off my planning went. Then, I went yesterday to my very favorite consignment store in Raleigh http://babiologyonline.com/, and the uber-hip owner Velvet and I got to chatting. Come to find out, her daughter Emma and Lillian have the same birthday. AND...then she went on to ask if I knew about the best cake maker in Raleigh. I thought I was in the loop, but I had not heard of Marj. Velvet immediately pulled up the website, and I was in awe. http://marj-theicingonthecake.blogspot.com/
Emma and Lillian were both born Easter weekend, just 7 years apart. We are kindred spirits bc we both have done a "preppy whale" party and I really had been thinking of bunnies or lilies. How adorable are these cakes!!! Oh my, am I in trouble. All the money I would have saved buying adorable botuique consignment clothes will now be spent on cakes. So much fun!!!!
I love this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment