
My nightstand now houses my camera stuff so that Lillian cannot get to it. The drawer sticks a bit which is great bc the kids never mess with it. I keep a few pictures, my journal, chapstick and nail stuff in this drawer.

I bought these great bins for Joe's side. They are gray and somewhat masculine. He needed a bin for business cards, golf stuff, and he likes to put all his loose change in there so I put that all in the back away from little fingers (and mouths). Good night, cleaning that out was scary. I should have taken a before pic. Eeek!

I also went through and pitched all of our expired medication. I have been meaning to organize the bandaids for a while just so I can find what I need quickly when I have a crying child on my hip. No time to sort through Hello Kitty and Cars mid crisis. All our kid medication is in a bin in Lillians closet. I also like to use bins instead of baskets (not as cute) for these items in case something leaks, then I can rinse out the bin instead of having to clean up a big mess.

Not sure why it took me this long to buy a jewelry tray. Better late then never. Now I can see everything. All my jewelry used to share a drawer with my unmentionables. Now it has it's very own drawer and when I open it, I smile. I also keep Winstons "I hate thunderstorms meds in this tray as well." Fantastic!

Please refer back to one of my very first posts. I used to be a total neat closet person. But over the last year I let it get out of control. I threw stuff in and shut the door as fast as I could. Then I got overwhelmed by the task and pretended my closet did not exist. This weekend I "fall/winter-fied" my closet. I need a few more smaller bins up top, but they were out of the size I need. It looks awesome. I have an enormous bag for Goodwill and all my clothes are organized by style/season. This will probably last a week, but for the week I will enjoy it.

I have a bin for swimsuits, one for cover ups, scarves, travel bags, and even flip flops.
While Joe was in California last week, I went on an organizational rampage. My mom is the queen of organization, and I truly love to have things in order. With two small kids and a busy life I have not been on it as much as I once was. I decided to start with the room that bothers me the most. My kids closets are always pristine as are my utility closets and pantry. My room...awful! The dog sleeps in our room and while I get ready it is pretty much marshall law. I shut the door and ignore the shrapnel. I did my closet, dresser drawers, nightstands, under all the sinks, I even vacuumed and cleaned under our bed. My dog sheds so much and it was SCARY. I feel so much better now. I cannot get over my Goodwill bag. I was on such a roll that I pretty much did the whole house, shed and toy bin outside. I quit taking blog pics though because they were not doing my masterpiece justice and I felt weird photographing under my sinks. My best friend Anna came over to observe the project, and now refers to my house in conversation as "organization station."
oh indeed it is "organizational station"! Love it! Looks great!
ReplyDelete