Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Boo Boo"

I don't have the heart to take another pic documenting the whole face. So pitiful.
Harrison had recovered by evening. He thought his "war wounds" were kinda cool.
My sweet boy. You can't see the puncture wounds in his other eye from the nail. we have had a rough start to the week. Hopefully my clumsy self will not be next.

Yesterday morning Harrison was getting himself dressed for school. I was in Lillian's room getting her clothes on, and I heard this loud CRASH. I went running into HLP's room. He was wedged into the back corner of his closet crying very loudly. His face was covered in dry wall dust and lots of blood was pouring out of the corner of his eye. I did not panic (although I really wanted to). I brought him into the bathroom and cleaned it all up. He kept saying that "it hurts when I blink." I called Joe just to get his opinion and he rushed right home. Seeing brother upset, made Lillian start crying and it was just a disaster (all before 9am). Harrison was trying to get a belt off his wall hook and ripped it out of the wall. The nail came out and stabbed him right in the corner of the eye. Miraculously he missed his eye ball and cut all around the corner of the eye. the larger hook piece got him right on the forehead as well. He insisted on going to school, so off we went.

Then, after our lunch picnic we were playing on the swings. All was going great. Harrison then flipped himself off the swings and into the dirt. He scraped the right side of his face pretty deep and was a bloody dirty mess. This time I decided to let the bathtub do the work for me. I carried him inside and got him in the nice soapy water. It was a crazy day. If only I knew what today would bring.

This morning Lillian and I were waving goodbye to our friends that came over to play. I was trying to hold Lillian's hand down the driveway, but as always she insited on going solo. She was 4 inches in front of me and tripped over her new flip flops, caught air, and face slammed down the driveway. It felt like it was in slow motion. Oh my goodness. I picked her up and the blood started pouring. She has a huge raw spot on her forehead, down her nose and onto her lip. I got her inside and gave her blanky, but she was hysterical. She would have no part of me cleaning her up. She just kept screaming, "boo boo, boo boo" over and over. This lasted about 2 hours. I just sat and held her and she finally fell asleep.

Pretty sure the teachers at Harrison's school and the folks we saw at Target, wonder what I did to my children. They must have inherited my clumsy gene.

1 comment: