As the older sibling who was known for being much more "challenging" than my younger "mellow" sibling, I try very hard not to compare my two little love muffins. With that said however, I about fell over this morning when I found Lillian just reading to herself in her room for about 45 minutes. Seriously. Harrison is almost three and a half and has never read himself a book quietly in his room. I have heard kids like this exist, but was a little doubtful. Lillian has really gotten into books lately and can just play by herself while I piddle and get ready. It is such a treat. Don't get me wrong, I have recovered from the fact that Harrison did not sleep pretty much for the first two years of his life and that Joe and I joke that he will need me to go with him off to college, and I adore him for being so strong willed. It is fun to raise such different kids (thank you God for giving me one of these entertain yourself kind of kids).
I am a stay-at-home mom to almost 3 year old Harrison and 9 month old Lillian. I have been a social worker for the past 9 years and find a lot of joy in helping others. I am focusing my time now on my family and trying to navigate the craziness of my daily life (despite my desperate phone calls I am loving every minute!)
No comments:
Post a Comment