Saturday I had a wonderful early morning date with my BFF Anna. We went shopping and for coffee. I came home and we all worked in the yard and played with neighbors. Noone said a word about the possibility of snow. We came in after lunch and I was putting Lillian down for her nap when Joe shouted "SNOW" from downstairs. I looked put the window and sure enough, beautiful big white snowflakes were falling. I loved rocking Lillian listening to all the kids outside sqealing with excitement. Our yard is the neighborhood sledding hill so we had plenty of action. Harrison stayed outside for two hours. He then cried about "being frozen." It was just magical, and the best part of all was that I had no clue it was coming. It snowed for several hours and looked like a winter wonderland.
Around 5pm we took Harrison and Lillian to spend the night with Darrell and Marci. The kids liked looking at all the snow covered trees on our drive. Joe and I then went to dinner and sat next to a cozy fire, decorated our tree, drank hot chocolate, and walked down our street at midnight to admire the natural beauty. It was the perfect setting for a wonderful night. We played "Baby, it's cold outside" on repeat for most of the evening. Our holiday season is off to such a special start.
Around 5pm we took Harrison and Lillian to spend the night with Darrell and Marci. The kids liked looking at all the snow covered trees on our drive. Joe and I then went to dinner and sat next to a cozy fire, decorated our tree, drank hot chocolate, and walked down our street at midnight to admire the natural beauty. It was the perfect setting for a wonderful night. We played "Baby, it's cold outside" on repeat for most of the evening. Our holiday season is off to such a special start.

No comments:
Post a Comment