Saturday, July 31, 2010

Feelin' Stripey

What was that Russel Crowe movie, "A Beautiful Mind?", that is what my hallway looked like when Brad was working on his masterpiece. Major method to the madness. He used a ruler, calculator, and a level x1000
Brad painted until 5am while we slept. I snapped this pic as we were rushing out the door for the airport. So glad I got to see them before we left. Great job!
I am feeling like these pictures do not do justice to how well the stripes turned out. The color is a tad more gray blue than it looks here. I am glad I took a chance and painted the door to match. It added a little spunk to the boring old hallway. I love it. Now, I am flirting with the idea of painting the banister and railing a glossy black. My dining room table is black and lots of the frames up the stairs have black in them.
Hmmmm
I got this in Grand Haven, MI at this really fabulous home decor store. I shipped it home and it looks great in my living room. I have a bird/nest theme in there and it is a memento from a fun trip.
Ta-Da!
I have wanted stripes somewhere in our house since we moved in over 5 years ago. Our hallway was a little blah and I wanted some pizazz, so I bit the bullet. Picked a color from the rugs and jumped in feet first. It turned out great. I love the way it looks with the front door open at night too. I try to remind myself that it is "just paint" but still was a bit nervous to mess up the door. The "sea salt"blue is a perfect light subtle shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment