Saturday, July 3, 2010

Drum roll please...

The construction begins.
The guy was a total perfectionist, and about 32 seconds after he installs it and goes to get paint, Harrison whacked it with a hammer. Story of my life!
The finished product. It looks great. I get so excited when I see it (yes, I need to get out more).
It goes perfectly with our house. The pineapple finial matches our pineapple doorbell, and we even painted it the color of the house. details, details, details.

I have been coveting my old neighbors mailbox since they installed it two years ago. Prior to that time I had never given any thought to mailboxes. When they put it in, I walked by and thought-"that is a cute mailbox". I love pineapples (sign of hospitality) and it had a pineapple on top. Last year our mailbox started to look pretty shabby, but I had a newborn and a 2 year old, so I pretty much did not care about the state of my mailbox. I added it to my "summer project list." The problem was that the neighbors who put the mailbox in had moved out of town. I asked around with no luck. I put my detective (stalker) hat on and tracked them down. They happily gave me the website info. and I checked it out. The post alone was $300 uninstalled. Hello, no way! So I copied the pic and posted that bad boy on Craigslist. Within minutes the responses were pouring in. I decided on the nicest guy, he is a retired custom home builder. For half the price he built it from scratch, painted it, and installed it. Viola! Silly I know, but man it looks good!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love the new mailbox! It matches your house perfectly!

    ReplyDelete