We left right after VBS. We were all worn out. I taught again this year, and it renewed my apprecition for teachers everywhere. Wow.
I enjoyed sitting for three hours and catching up on my Southern Living magazines. So relaxing.
I made "Not Yo Mama's Banana Puddin'"
and...Slut Brownies. Easy, cheap and SINFUL
Daddy duty while the mama's party prepped
my kids had their first "old fashioned soda" at the Mast General Store. I was banking on them not liking it at all, but of course the loved it. oh well, vacation rules.
A few weekends ago we loaded up and headed to the mountains for the annual Blood Sweat and Gears bike race. We do this every year and it is a family friendly event. This year we shared a cabin with our good friends the Condray's. A good time was had by all. Joe had a tire explosion early in the race, so he and the boys spent the day providing supplies to the other Bandwidth riders. We were worn out after a week of action packed VBS, but it is always great to spend time in the mountain air. We hosted a post race party and had lots of yummy food. I only got pics of the desserts. Oh well. Looking forward to next year already.







No comments:
Post a Comment