
Harrison came in to my room this morning exclaiming that he was ready to go outside and play. Lord, help me. My mom just got him these new shoes for fall, as well as the lovely socks, pairs well with the 3t vest and pirate bandanna.
Why?!?

Lillian on the other hand insisted on wearing a "stirt." She likes skirts and dress up shoes these days.

My children have FINALLY started to play really well together. It is awesome, minus the fact that both of their rooms are always trashed. Whatever. I still just love that they actually like each other. It makes things so much easier and it is so sweet to listen to them interact and pretend. Today when they were playing upstairs, Harrison said "ok, Lillian. You are the mommy and I am the daddy. Mommy's make your lunch, call you honey a lot, and spank you when you don't listen."

How in the world did my sweet girl get so big? And speaking of big, can we discuss her independence. Phew. Going to a store with her these days is brutal. She is a runner. Hello my name is Kate and I am a briber. I will just go ahead and put it out there.
Summer is almost over. Hard to believe the kids will be back in pre-school in two weeks. I never thought I would say this in May, but I am sort of not ready. It has been a really great summer. We have gone and done so many fun things, the kids have gone to awesome camps, the neighborhood kids play non-stop until bedtime, and I have really enjoyed just kickin' it the last few days. We have lazy mornings and play at the pool almost everyday. Ice cream is pretty regular, as are naps and snuggle time. Harrison has been agreeable and pleasant and sweet to Lillian. Around here we are really trying to enjoy the small things!
No comments:
Post a Comment