Friday, August 26, 2011

Insanity

Remember when I said I was not ready for summer to end, I have changed my tune.
I went to the bathroom upstairs for say, two minutes, and when I came back down Harrison and Lillian had taped all the doors closed. Tape was everywhere. On them, on the doors, on the walls-really how did they do all this in two minutes?

Here is Lillian pouting bc I took the tape away. Note that she has moved the kitchen chair to the fridge. This is one of the most annoying discoveries ever. Both of my kids move the chair to the fridge, open it up and try to get stuff out of the fridge. When I say I cannot turn my back for two seconds, I am not lying. This morning Harrison did this when I was taking the trash out and he dropped a FULL GALLON OF MILK on the floor and all in the fridge. I think I said, "this is not happening to me" about 58 times in a row. All before 9am. I may, or may not, have had a mini Mommy Dearest moment.
Poor Winston. "What is wrong with these little balls of crazy? Can we give them back and return to the days of quiet where I slept on your bed from 8am-5pm??? PLEASE"
Doesn't he just look terrified. You know it is bad when the dog wants to be outside.
And while I am cleaning up, this is Harrison. Running around playing SWAT team. I pray for an abundance of patience regularly. To rejoice in his stuborness, and encourage his insane amount of energy. May be time to re-check out The Spirited Child from the library.
Full time mommying is not for the wimpy.
Gotta go. Lillian just walked in without a diaper and said, "mommy, I go poopy."

No comments:

Post a Comment