Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back in the Game

I keep hearing about this book. So I picked it up at Target for $5. I am about 3 chapters deep and it is a good, easy, enjoyable, thought provoking read.
My book club read this is July. I was out of town, but it is next to my bed and I am determined to read it. The title alone tells me I will like it.

I got my Master's in Social work in one year. I never in my life had that much assigned reading. It was insane. After that year, I just really was over reading for pleasure. Then I started a job with a lot of reading, then I had a baby, and another baby, and I had zero energy for reading grown up books. If I had a spare moment I saved it for sleeping or reality t.v. (priorities people.) But, I joined a fun book club and have been on a roll. I missed reading before bed. I am back in the game. Momma's got a brand new library card! And...my mom got me a subscription to The Week (I looked and MLA now says magazines are italicized. Who knew? I always though they were underlined. Good to know.) So now the stack next to my bed is growing higher and higher. To blog or to read, that is the question...

No comments:

Post a Comment