As I was driving home tonight from Trader Joe's in my rockin' mini van I stopped next to a super cool couple on a motorcycle. They were just oozing bad-assness. They were laughing and joking and driving super fast, totally throwing caution to the wind. It made me remember back to my fun times on a motorcycle. I met a cute boy (at a bar, sorry mom and dad), with my friend Amber and he had a Harley Davidson. He offered to take me for a spin and I could not hop on fast enough. Again, sorry mom and dad. You totally raised me to make good choices and that safety comes first, but a cute boy with a motorcycle is a hard thing for a collage girl to pass up. it was a BLAST. Feeling the wind in my hair and zipping around the corners was exhilarating.A year later I was in Rome studying and was visiting with my dad's friend who also had a motorcycle. He was a test pilot with my dad and at the time was a commercial pilot, so I felt sure he would keep me safe. We roared down the freeway at over 100 hundred miles per hour flying past the beaches of Ostia Lido. I felt the need for speed! Maybe it is in my blood.
Here is a pic from Ostia Lido.
Doesn't that just scream "edgy!"
Anywho, I have never ridden a motorcycle since, and as I sat in my Honda Odyssey focused on my mental meal planning, wearing my mom uniform I felt really un-cool.
Here is a pic from Ostia Lido.
Doesn't that just scream "edgy!"Anywho, I have never ridden a motorcycle since, and as I sat in my Honda Odyssey focused on my mental meal planning, wearing my mom uniform I felt really un-cool.

No comments:
Post a Comment