When Harrison was little I had so much fun dressing him. He was one well dressed baby. Fully smocked at all times. I Ebayed and searched for all his cute clothes. Then the great stand off occurred when Harrison turned 2, and he was beyond opinionated about his clothing. It took me a few months to realize it was a battle I could not (I had a newborn), and did not want to fight. He would scream when I dressed him in anything that matched. Then over the last year he allowed me to start picking out things occasionally for him, and did not argue when I dressed him for church. This morning he walked in at 8am and exclaimed that he was "ready to go play." Check out the get up. A tiny part of me wishes he would let me dress him in all the cute preppy stuff in his drawers, and not the glow in the dark pirate shirt his Gramps just sent him from Florida. But, the look of pride on his face reminds me that I have to let him be independent. When we were in Florida I made him wear a polo shirt, and he called it a "handsome shirt" the whole time. "Mommy, why do you keep making me wear handsome shirts???"
I admit defeat.

No comments:
Post a Comment