Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mommy Staycation

I had been eying this fabric for over a year. I LOVE it.
This is the photo that came up when I Googled the fabric. Not so much going to happen at this house. Very pretty, though.
We did a mini bedroom makeover. I had fun putting it all together for the first time this weekend. New curtains, pillows and nightstands. I am still working on a duvet cover. This will probably be the one and only time the room will look like this, so I wanted to capture the moment.
I "winterized" my closet. Scary. I think I may have actually busted a sweat. Lillian likes to destroy my closet at least once a day so it becomes the pit of doom quickly. This was a project I am glad to have done!
Lucy and Anna Ricks

Joe and the kids left Friday morning for Michigan. This is the first time in 5 years I have spent a night alone in my house. I have two and a half days without my kids OR DOG (my sweet hubby boarded him so I had a break for all of my dependents). It has been awesome! I miss the noise and giggles, but hearing the kids talk to me on the phone about all the fun they are having erases all guilt!

Here are a few things I have done thus far:
  • cleaned out the fridge and freezer and washed all the shelves
  • answered all emails
  • vacuumed under beds
  • Windexed away all the sweet fingerprints
  • winterized closets
  • finished all laundry in the house
  • washed Winston's dog toys and beds
  • Washed all three sets of sheets
  • Filled 5 photo albums
  • had prints made of all pictures on my camera and then cleared all 2674 photos (literally) off my memory card
  • bought our Halloween costumes for our annual party
  • vacuumed lamp shades
  • went to Trader Joes
  • Organized family photos
  • sorted through all the kids toys and grouped them by type and filled 4 bags of toys to donate. bye bye baby toys!
  • made s'mores kits
  • cleaned bathrooms
  • organized the shed
  • organized hand me downs for friends
  • cleaned out my car
  • started Christmas shopping
  • ...and loved on the sweet new Freeman babies! I spent last night and tonight at the hospital with Anna and Taylor and their brand new twin daughters. They are so tiny! What a blessing to have these precious memories!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Kate. You are SUCH an overachiever. Isn't it funny how your to-do list is fun when you can tackle it without interruption, though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate,
    I love your decorating style. You need to come over and help me with mine! I have to know where you got your fabric, headboard and gorgeous new nightstands! Please get with Joe so we can plan something all together real soon!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete